Saturday, March 6, 2010

Award!

Tonight was the opening of the exhibition "Contemporary Women Artists XV: Art As Activism" at the Foundry Art Center in St. Charles. All the work was well worth it. The show looked great, we had a big turn-out, and Yolanda Lopez's gallery talk was wonderful! She selected 3 works for the juror's choice awards and 5 honorable mentions. I am happy and honored that one of the juror's choice awards was selected for my installation piece, "Temporal, Cyclical."

It is so wonderful to have that sort of recognition for work that I love but that I sometimes worry isn't saying what I hope it says. I have to say that Yolanda is amazing and for her to choose my work for the show in the first place was quite wonderful. That was enough so receiving an award on top of that was like chocolate in my latte!

No comments: