Friday, November 6, 2009

Lately I haven't been too great at updating my website, writing my blog, or posting images of new work (I haven't gotten into any new work that I'm especially excited about). I wanted to let you know about the other things I'm doing so you know that I'm not just lazy, and so that you can read them if you like.

I'm currently serving as the Publicity Chair of the St. Louis Chapter of the Women's Caucus for Art. I send out press releases with our big news, I post events and calls for art on sites like ArtZipper and on KDHX's Arts & Events Calendar. I also compile, edit, and design the St. Louis WCA newsletter. The newsletter, which is published every three months, is written by the board and the membership. You can download a copy for yourself at www.wca-stl.org.

I am also a contributor to the St. Louis WCA blog, which you can read here: wca-stl.blogspot.com.

All of this is of course in addition to my many part-time jobs: Writing Center Intern at Principia College, Barista at the Nordstrom Ebar, Bar Staff at the St. Louis Symphony, and on-call employee at the Principia College Bookstore.

So that's what I've been up to when I haven't been making art. I just wanted to let you know.

No comments: